To provide the highest quality, most cost-efficient patient care in Northern Iowa, through a community of specialty providers.
- To provide for a mechanism of utilization review, continuous quality improvement, outcomes research, and practice guidelines to assure the delivery of the highest quality patient care.
- To create an atmosphere of enhanced cooperation among the specialties in the area including primary care.
- To create practice opportunities for other fields and specialties in the area, and provide for greater sub specialization within existing specialties.
- To provide for a means of increasing patient education and public awareness of issues pertaining to healthcare, especially as it affects Northern Iowa.
- To promote cooperation, communication, and coordinated care across all specialties
- To earn the right to “remain” into the future – become indispensable to patients and their third-party payers (i.e., cost, quality, access)
- To better serve patients by remaining physician-owned and governed; professionally managed